For me the structure for my scripts are one of the most important thing.
- Create a structure for your scripts
- Regardless if it’s on your local computer or on a server
- Use the same all the time
- To find your own scripts easily after some time
- So your coworkers can find your scripts
- So you can find your coworkers scripts
If you don’t have a structure and you create scripts everywhere you like.
Then you might have scripts in your c:\ root, c:\scripts, your documents folder, in a script editors path, on a share,
on a cloud share etc etc
I try to work with folders for my scripts.
Then use folders for log files, images, settings etc.
This gives me a structure that I know and that is easy to find.
I have a structure for my development and a structure for my scripts that can be used in production.
I backup my structures to OneDrive so that I can do mistakes locally 🙂